Submitted by Website Officer on 19 April 2016 - 11:04am
Through its Pastoralist Programme, TNRF is participating in a side event in the run up to the UN-GGIM 4th High Level Forum on “Good land governance for the 2030 Agenda” hosted by the UN Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 18th – 19th April 2016. The conference is organized in partnership with the Land Policy Initiative (LPI) at the UNECA as a side event that brings together fellow professionals from government, the private sector, academia and policy circles.
The overall objective of this workshop will be to create a space for the working groups to discuss issue papers, validate them and agree on advocacy strategy for emerging land issues.
The specific objectives of the meeting will be to:
- Share presentations from the 6 thematic group leaders and identify the key messages for advocacy
- Inform the group of the developments at and activities of the LPI, AU, RECs and other bodies working around land issues
- Plan a workable strategy for the operationalization of the CSO-LPI thematic groups
- Consolidate membership and member commitments
- Approve a set of advocacy positions for the CSO-LPI platform
- Update the 2-year action plan, fundraising strategy and roles and responsibilities.